Monday, November 1

Last Installment for Day 1

“Okay. It’ll be fun. I’ll talk to some of the other librarians to get suggestions about apartments to look at.”

“That would be fantastic,” Madeline said. “I was planning to look online and hopefully make some appointments to see some places while I’m there, but if you can help me out with finding a place that’s reputable, that would be great. I’m pretty sure that I’m going to take the job, but I’d really like to see the library first.”

“I understand. That’s what I did,” Kelly confided. “You’ll get a tour of BFL and the department manager will probably take you out to lunch.”

Madeline smiled. She’d never been wined and dined before, and it was a novel feeling. “Where is that you live?”

“The Rodgers Forge Apartments. They’re really quite nice, and the cheapest that I could find in the north Baltimore area. But I don’t really live in the city – I’m just over the county line.”

“Just over the county line?” Madeline was confused by the geographic terms.

“Uh, yeah. Baltimore is a little different than most cities – it’s an independent entity. It’s surrounded by Baltimore County. I’ll explain it once you get here. Or else you can talk to the librarians in the Maryland Department. I’m sorry, but I really got to get going. I’ve got somewhere to go tonight.”

“Okay, I’ll talk to you soon and let you know about my flight out there.”

“Congratulations again, Madeline. I really hope that you take the job. It’ll be really cool to have another Wisconsinite out here.”

“Thanks! I’ll talk to you later, Kelly. Bye!”

“Bye.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home